Sunday, March 13, 2011

Working With Fabric

The following week we continued to manipulate our paper shapes ont the mannequin. When I felt I had used them in every way possible I moved on to my fabric shapes. I did the same as with the paper, but I had to use a heavy weight, medium weight and a light weight so that i could see the different ways the material fell and created a completely new look. For example the chiffon i used was very hard to manipulate into the shape i desired. I had some control but it creates a more flowy and draped look compared to the leatherette I used which held the shape I wanted completely.



Heavy Weight: Leatherette


Medium Weight: Cotton

Light Weight: Chiffon


I really loved working with fabric on the mannequin, it was much easier than working with paper. My favourite material was the medium weight, I liked how i had a certain amount of control but it also has it's own mind which added to the character of what I created. Rather than the leatherette which appeared very stiff.

No comments:

Post a Comment