Sunday, March 13, 2011

Fashion Week 1

After picking my two shapes, I started by placing them on my croquis. I exhausted both my shapes by  turning them upside-down, over-lapping and using different sizes.

On Tuesday we had a colour studies workshop, which I loved. Over the week we had to complete four colour studies using contrasting moods.


 On wednesday we had a workshop about Fashion illustration, which explained how importatnt layout and presentation is in the industry. This was so helpful when it came to creating the pages of my sketchbook with a bit more energy and character! We also had a mini project where we had to use materials to drape on the mannequin and then draw it from different angles. This was very useful because it helped my drawing skills as well as learning how to draw your designs straight from the mannequin.





After exhausting my two shapes on the croquis I cut out each shape on paper, using small, medium and large sizes so that i could manipulate them onto the mannequin.






I created this piece using my first shape. For such a simple neck piece it was the shape i was most happy with when I used it to place on my croquis.





These paper experiments are few of many that I created using both my  original shapes.
I then exhausted these new shapes and placed them on my croquis in different ways and scales creating not full outfits but pieces, such as, skirts trousers, tops, sleeves, waistbands (etc.).

I really enjoyed working with the paper on the mannequin, it was much more exciting than working on my croquis' in the sketchbook. It made me more aware of all the possibilities by working in a three dimentional way.

No comments:

Post a Comment