Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sculpture Week 2

I found some images of oil and petrol spills. I loved the metallic colours and the patterns in them. I decided to chose the form of a chineese lantern because i love their delicacy and beauty, on the fabric used i stained them with paints and inks which was inspired by the petrol stains.



 This was the chineese lantern that i made from bamboo and muslin fabric. I decided to leave the excess fabric on because i liked the look of it, reminds me of a jellyfish! I hung it from the ceiling which added to the floating effect.

The idea originally came from creating something visable from something invisable, ie. the petrol stains and the toxins they let out. The chineese lantern represents the floating particles in the atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment