Monday, November 8, 2010

Felting It!


First I covered a small ball with thin layers of wool. Each coloured layer completely covered the colour that went before, this meant that the different coloured wools were visable when cut open.



I then used hot soapy water to soak the woolen ball, whilst using my hands to felt the ball. I continued for 20minutes until I was happy with the shape.


Felt ball before being cut.



After being cut. (Coloured layers are visable)



My finished Conker Shells! I also added some felted spikes to resemble the exterior texture of the conker.


I hope to make some more so that I can hang a series of them together, or I would also like to make a maquete of the city and place some conkers on pedestrianised streets, Life size conkers!?

No comments:

Post a Comment